Cache Creek Landfill Extension Monitoring Committee
November 14, 2017
Belkorp Environmental Services Inc. Cache Creek Village of Cache Creek Landfill Extension
Three Positions Available to Serve on the Cache Creek Landfill Extension Monitoring Committee, Belkorp Environmental Services Inc. and the Village of Cache Creek jointly hold the Operational Certificate for the Cache Creek Landfill Extension (the Extension). Applications are being sought from community members interested in serving on the landfill Monitoring Committee for a two‐year term.
The purpose of the Monitoring Committee is to:
- Provide a communication forum between the Operational Certificate Holders and local
- Receive updates on site development, operations, closure activities, post‐closure activities and
on‐going environmental monitoring / interpretation;
- promote environmentally sound operations and effective monitoring; and
- Identify emerging issues and new information relevant to operation of the Extension
The Monitoring Committee will consist of seven members, including one representative each from the
Villages of Cache Creek and Ashcroft, Bonaparte Indian Band, Ashcroft Indian Band in addition to three
members from the community at large.
Members of the community at large must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Have their primary residence situated within 20 kilometers of the Extension or be registered
members of the Bonaparte or Ashcroft Indian Bands;
- Have prepared a Statement of Interest in landfill operations that has been favourably reviewed
by the Committee; and
- Have the ability to attend all Monitoring Committee meetings.
The Monitoring Committee meetings will be held quarterly. Compensation will be made to community
members for their participation. Compensation will be limited to $50 per meeting.
If interested, please submit a Statement of Interest that describes your interest in landfill operations to
the following address by November 30, 2017.
Village of Cache Creek
1389 Quartz Road
Cache Creek, BC V0K 1H0
Attention Keir Gervais